Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 77 Next »

  • Description

    As a goal, we would like to guide realization of an energy system that is interoperable, by standardizing the meaning of data exchanged and guide implementation of open source projects developing exchange (interfaces) based on these standards. We focus on the business side of interoperability as common understanding, trust and transparency of data used and data exchanged is a fundamental part of the energy system of the future, regardless of geography.

    Data Architecture Workgroup Office Hour

    Teleconference weekly on Thursdays, 7:00 US Pacific Time. Meeting details can be found in the LF Energy Community Calendar or below.

    ________________________________________________________________________________

    Deelnemen aan Microsoft Teams-vergadering

    +31 20 708 1363   Netherlands, Amsterdam (Niet-gratis)

    Vergadering-id: 261 201 495#

    Lokale nummers | Pincode opnieuw instellen | Meer informatie over Teams | Opties voor vergadering

    Help

    ________________________________________________________________________________

    If you like to add you topic to add to the agenda, feel free to add it.

    Topics for the meeting of 28th of January 2021

    Welcome

    Set the agenda

    Topics for the meeting of 21th of January 2021

    Welcome

    Set the agenda

    Topics for the meeting of 14th of January 2021

    Welcome

    Set the agenda

    Topics for the meeting of 7th of January 2021

    Welcome

    Set the agenda

    Topics for the meeting of 17th of December 2020

    Welcome

    Set the agenda

    Leaderschip: who likes to take over the role of Sander

    TAC presentations: who does what

    Update on the matureity model

    Topics for the meeting of 10th of December 2020

    Welcome

    Set the agenda

    Jonas van den Bogaard will join us on how we can bring the data architecture to the TAC 

    • What is the process?
    • What kind of advice can we give?
    • Alignment with the LF energy on project maturity models and data architecture maturity?

    Very short reports from Robbie Morrison on:

    • Icebreaker One Open Energy phase II completion
    • DBpedia Databus project (am trying to talk that project into using the Open Energy Modelling Initiative community as a pilot)
    • EERAdata metadata joint publication (all aspects including provenance, semantics, and legal
    • some recent attempts to get CC‑BY‑4.0 licensing on to the ENTSO‑E Transparency Platform
    • subseasonal to seasonal climate forecasting for energy workshop held 4 December 2020
    • the Linux Foundation OS‑Climate project (OS = operating system, to create a digital twin of the entire planet?)

    Rob's improvement


    Notes:

    Jonas: 30-60 minutes introduction into data archtiecture. Jonas can put us on the agenda.

    Pespective: project use focused (how can projects use/benifit from the data architecture; why); some slides would be nice.

    Discussions on the next steps could be discussed later.


    Robbie Morrison will add the links later


    Rob presented an idea for an maturity framework for LFenergy data architecture aspects.

    The maturity model 

    Naveen Goswamy suggested to look into gridwise architecture model and map these models

    We need to be carefull to 


    Derrick Oswald

    Exchange methode: me more clear


    Rob will share his posposal to fill in.



    Topics for the meeting of 3th of December 2020

    Welcome

    Set the agenda


    Notes:

    Rob's suggestions in terms of interopbability maturity:


    1 datamodel

    2 description / definition

    3 exchange language (Technical format, e.g. JSON)
    ​ 
    4 exchange methode (E.g. filesharing / API)


    Open standards are only allowed. Proprietary standards are not allowed.


    Eric made his first changes to the document to make it ready to discuss it with Jonas (TAC).

    Topics for the meeting of 26th of November 2020

    Welcome

    Set the agenda

    https://smartdatamodels.org/


    Notes:

    The current architecture guideline only provide direction. More can be done (e.g. testing).


    Maturity levels suggestions:

    1 collaboration with other projects within the ecosystem (e.g. LF energy project or other related projects)

    2 Using standards (if exists)

    3 Test the interoperability between projects


    Projects can go to the data office hours to get help to the next phase.


    Actionlist:

    To doWho
    Review the document for the TACWho did not do it so far
    Ask the TAC chair to join the office hours to discuss the TAC recommondationsSander
    Write a TAC Recommondation list Sander & Rob (after 3 December)

    Questions for Jonas van den Bogaard(TAC Chairman):

    How can we bring the architecture document to the TAC?

    What form/ how? When?

    Do we need to split it up?


    Topics for the meeting of 19th of November 2020

    Welcome

    Set the agenda

    Discuss the next steps how to move the data architecture to the next level


    Actionlist:

    To doWho
    Review the document for the TACAll
    Write a TAC Recommondation list Sander & Rob

    Other posposals:

    Aks the TAC:

    What is to way to inprove the interobability of the LF energy projects?

    Current ideas:

    • LF energy landscape field with semantics used
    • Criteria for project stages
    • Part of the yearly project evaluation


    Interesting project to look at:

    https://smartdatamodels.org/

    Topics for the meeting of 12th of November 2020

    Welcome

    Set the agenda

    What is our propose? (discussion last week)

    • STEPS 
      • What is the vision of LFenergy
      • What is the goal of this team?
      • What are the guidelines, principles 
      • What are our products
      • what is our implementation strategy
      • what is our commitment to this
      • Deliverables

    Do we want to add SARGON to the referance models?


    Notes:

    Discussion how we bring the data architectur to a new level.

    • Rob suggests to embed the data architecture principles into the LF energy. Becomming a member LF energy project requires you to comply with the data architecture lines. E.g. start with lineage. Measure the compliance with the data architecture guidelines.
    • The TAC can be an good place to promote guidelines.
    • Join the projects to make it happen
    • Collaboration between projects in the ecosystem is a maturity level. LFedge encourage project to collaborate with the ecosystem. 
    • Start an open source project to measure the compliance with the data architecture lines
    • Expand recommendation and guidelines to reference implementations (open source) of the recommended standards to fastrack and ease adoption by the projects.

    Not so much operating modes,but more possible practical guidelines, methods: 

    • EH: Create a dictionary associated with functional domains that can be used, when projects ask to become part of ecosystem (functional domain?) then projects have to prove they comply to these definitions with their interfaces.
    • EH: If projects expose interfaces to ecosystem, they have to deliver metadata on provenance of input they used to get to the output they generate


    <<Please add your suggestion to the list; How can we bring the data architecture to a new level within LF Energy and related projects>>


    Topics for the meeting of 5th of November 2020

    Welcome

    Set the agenda

    Presentation of the SARGON onlology

    What is our propose? (discussion last week)

    • STEPS 
      • What is the vision of LFenergy
      • What is the goal of this team?
      • What are the guidelines, principles 
      • What are our products
      • what is our implementation strategy
      • what is our commitment to this


    Notes:

    Dainiel is looking into this project. It might be relevant for our community.

    https://www.data-infrastructure.eu/GAIAX/Navigation/EN/Home/home.html


    Slides of the SARGON ontology:

    Here are the likes into the projects, repos, and mentioned publication respectively.


    Topics for the meeting of 29th of October 2020

    Welcome

    Set the agenda

    Presentation of the SARGON onlology

    Outline of deliverables + time horizon



    Topics for the meeting of 22th of October 2020

    Welcome

    Set the agenda: are their any topics for today?

    Status of the invite of: Operator fabric / OpenEEmeter / Powsybl


    Unfortunately Robbie Morrison cannot make this meeting due to a clash. But a couple of comments nonetheless:

    • I have been contributing to the Icebreaker One (IB1) Open Energy project via advisory group 2 (AG2) covering policy, legal, and regulation. That project will build a proof-of-concept data portal and is being commissioned under the United Kingdom governments Modernising Energy Data Access (MEDA) initiative.
    • The Horizon 2020 (H2020) openENTRANCE project and the European Commission recently ran the Energy Modelling Platform — Europe (EMP‑E) 2020 conference. Data was less of a focus than modeling and analysis, but the topics of meteorological data and anticipated future climate change were covered in Focus Group 1.  Full recordings should be available in due course.


    Notes: Gianluca will each out to check on the SARGON onlology

    Sander will contact the invites of other projects.

    Topics for the meeting of 15th of October 2020 <Cancelled>

    Topics for the meeting of 8th of October 2020 <Cancelled>

    Topics for the meeting of 1th of October 2020 <Cancelled>


    Topics for the meeting of 24th of September 2020

    Welcome

    Set the agenda: are their any topics for today?

    Status of the invite of: Operator fabric / OpenEEmeter / Powsybl

    Discussion: What needs to be added to the document to bring it to the TAC?

    Open source and Standards update CEN / CENELEC

    Marc Costa


    Notes:

    Gianluca will ask somebody form SARGON to give some explanation in this group.

    Derrick made a docker container for CIMtool.

    The Relationship Between Open Source Software and Standard Setting

    The upcomming meetings are cancelled due to the availibility of Sander

    Daniel Lázaro can be reached by the invited projects if they want to present their projects and talk about semantics in the cancelled period.

    Topics for the meeting of 17th of September 2020

    • Welcome
    • Set the agenda

    Robbie Morrison

    • brief comparison of European and United States intellectual property law covering data
    • (could someone download and screen share the PDF I earlier posted to the mailing list, TIA)

    • some updates:
    • OPSD are updating datasets, to be complete by 10 October 2020
    • PowerGenome are running workshop on 28-Sep-2020 19:00 CEST, more here
    • United Kingdom MEDA phase two organizations selected, namely Icebeaker One and Siemens, with Electron missing out
    • Update on CIMTool Derrick Oswald

    Notes:

    We decided to share the relevant slides this wiki. A decision on how to record video is not needed.

    CIMTool development:

    • Mainly used to keep the exsisting profiles
    • Eric and Todd are working on the software
    • The goal is upgrade CIMtool to the Eclipse plaform 4x
    • The draf standards 501/502 will be added to the tool

    New agenda items can be added to this group.


    Topics for the meeting of 10th of September 2020

    • Welcome
    • Set the agenda
    • Evaluation of the previous sessions with RIAPS/OEDI/CoMPAS
      • Was it useful? Does it help with the data architecture?
      • Do we want to invite more projects?

    Notes:

    Connecting to the project is use-full, However the OEDI and RIAPS had little relation with the data architecture.

    OpenEEmeter, PowSyBl and OperatorFabric will be invited to present their project as well. Sander Jansenwill invite them.

    Opentaps project: https://opentaps.org/2020/01/30/green-button-xml-openeemeter-added-opentaps-mv/

    Derrick Oswald will reach out to the maintainers of CIMtool to ask them to join a office-hour to talk about their roadmap and collaboration.

    Topics for the meeting of 3th of September 2020

    Proposed agenda : one hour later at 08:00 PDT -0700 and 17:00 CEST +0200:

     Michael Rossel of OEDI 

    • Project focus and introduction
    • Data input
    • Data output
    • Used semantics (What standards are used? e.g. for the meta data catalogue)

    Robbie Morrison

    • brief comparison of European and United States intellectual property law covering data
    • (could someone download and screen share the PDF I earlier posted to the mailing list, TIA)

    Summary of the OEDI project:

    • The OEDI project is an open data project, not at open source project! However they release/build some open source software for consumption.
    • Data providers decide on the semantics of their datasets.
    • Everyone can summit datasets as long they comply with the rules.
    • AWS provides the storage currently for free to the project. The OEDI is looking into other cloud providers to migitate risk of AWS charging money.
    • The datacatalogus is build with CKAN. The catalogus supports DCAT.

    Topics for the meeting of 27th of August 2020

    • Welcome
    • Set the agenda
    • Review action list updates

    Gabor Karsai form the RIAPS project

    • Project focus and introduction
    • Data input
    • Data output
    • Used semantics (What standards are used? e.g. for the meta data catalogue)

    Summary of the RIAPS project:

    • Energy related project since it is funded by energy research money, it can be used for other applications
    • Semantics are relevant in the application side not in RIAPS itself
    • RIAPS is "partly" compatible with openFMB (openFMB uses IEC 61850 and IEC CIM)
    • The goal is the make it production grade and apply it in the field. A production grade project is work in progress.
    • Exsisting (demo) applications are research focused (for now). 
    • Any application message format can be used as long it can be used with ZeroMQ

    Slides:

    Topics for the meeting of 20th of August 2020

    Proposed:

    • Welcome
    • Set the agenda
    • Review action list updates
    • TAC seating update
    • COMPAS Sander Jansen
    • Open data


    Meeting notes:

    Review the M490 SGAM introduction to the document Eric Houmeswill check this later on

    Sander Jansen and Eric Houmes will start with the TAC. Based on the TAC converstations, we can change this

     The COM-PAS project was presented. The COM-PAS slides can be found here.

    Robbie Morrison made some comments about open data (see below)

    Robbie Morrison will make suggestions to record the workgroup meetings form a legal an practical pespective.

    Sander Jansen will request @Michael Rossel to join the 3th of september and asks the RIAPS project to join next week

    Daniel Lázaro will contact RAIPS for setting the expectations to join next week.


    Follow up:

    (I, Robbie Morrison, was asked to record my comments about developing country transfers, please move this content elsewhere if this is not the best place. Or alternatively delete this comment.)

    There are three projects promoting open source/data/access for  energy policy development for developing country:

    • Global Power System Transformation Consortium — aimed at up-skilling the entire industry from operations to public policy
    • U4RIA guidelines — a set of principles to improve transparency, community engagement, robustness, and trust
    • LF Energy — based on recent comments by Shuli Goodman

    References

    IEEE (6 July 2020). Global Power Systems Transformation Consortium: landscape analysis of relevant standards, testing, and certification activities. IEEE.  Closed access.

    OPM and UK Aid (August 2019). Synthesis Report on the "Fourth Roundtable Discussion on Strategic Energy Planning" (Trieste 28 June 2019). United Kingdom: Oxford Policy Management and UK Aid. U4RIA Section 4 (pages 7–8) titled "Working groups on modelling standards and capacity building".

    Meeting 13 August 2020 16:00 CEST

    Proposed:

    • Work on data architecture working document together.
    • Chosing one interesting project that needs guidance or can serve the purpose of first project "to test our guidance  on"
    • Sharpen goal in above mentioned banner (our mission statement).
    • Information models plotted on SGAM (what standard to use where)
    • OEDI semantics (someone from the OEDI project)
      • Project focus and introduction
      • Data input
      • Data output
      • Used semantics (What standards are used? e.g. for the meta data catalogue)

    Meeting notes:

    Everybody agrees with the Working group goal with the addition of adding open source.

    Daniel Lázaro will ask the RIAPS project to join the office hour to talk semantics (see the OEDI initiative).

    Sander Jansen will add a basic introduction to the SGAM in the data architecture document.:  Gianluca Dianese and Naveen Goswamy can you guys review and improve it.

    Eric Houmes will connect with the LF energy guys to see if we can check against standards/information models

    More information on LF energy project activity can be found here: https://lfanalytics.io/projects, Other examples can be found here.


    Topics of last meeting 6 August 2020 16:00 CEST were

    Topics:

    • Getting to know each other better as we had a couple of new contributors.
    • Express the main interests and topics to address
    • Confirm the main goal of our data architecture stream which is Interoperability and semantic standards to help interaction, 
    • Issues that might have to be solved to be successful (like Legal issues (intellectual property ownership), specific local rules that apply. 
    • Next steps data architecture document, work together on this document in next sessions to finalize a first set we work with.
    • Data architecture project support was not a topic for today 

Working Documents

Data Architecture Working Document

Data Architecture Community Folder

Meeting Notes

Active Members

NameCompany
Sander JansenAlliander

Eric HoumesTenneT
Daniel LázaroOSIsoft






  • No labels