Join our mailing list.
Development of open source software components for Microgrids to solve for network resilience, power quality, efficiency, stability, reliability and investment optimization when connecting Renewable Energy Sources (RESs) / Distributed Energy Generation (DER).
Currently, we are reviewing software multiple open source microgrids for use cases and interoperability. The intention is to chart a plan for 2021. Please join us.
The group is meeting bi-weekly at 4:00p PT. Please check the calendar for meeting information.
MG Architecture Sprint
- 28 January 2021: Presented by Bruce Nordman, LBNL
- 11 February 2021: Presented by Jorge Elizondo, Heila Technologies
- 18 February 2021: Presented by Kotaro Jinushi, Sony CSL
- 25 February 2021: Presented by Bruce Nordman, LBNL
- 11 March 2021: Presented by Shuli Goodman, LFEnergy
- 25 March 2021 - Joint session
- 8 April Meeting - Joint session with Haikus
- 22 April Meeting - Joint session - microgrid to utility grid interface, OpenADR, Green Button Alliance perspective, process
- Recording - note there are two recordings - most content is in 2nd (click forward icon bottom left)
- 6 May Meeting - Scope: single utility "customer" microgrids, Design principle: Network Power Integration
- 17 June Meeting - Review of Hyphae discussions with GXF and OpenLEADR, discussion of SIG direction and possible decoupling of SIG from Hyphae project
- Why Local Solar For All Costs Less: A New Roadmap for the Lowest Cost Grid - article to review to help select high-level SIG goals
- Rooftop solar and home batteries make a clean grid vastly more affordable - another article that summarizes the above for SIG goals
- 1 July Meeting - Discussion of distributed energy strategy and future objectives
- NOTE: At this meeting we decided to take a break and resume August 26