These are written and video resources. Please feel free to contribute to this list.
Open Source & Shared Development
- Overview of Open Source 101 Resources from The Linux Foundation - This deck provides an overview and links to resources offered by The Linux Foundation to learn about the fundamentals of open source technology, including what it is, how it is built and used, licensing and copyright issues, governance structures, commercialization/monetization, and much more. Resources include guides, online training courses, and more.
- The Open Organization: Igniting Passion and Performance, by Jim Whitehurst, Red Hat CEO
- People Powered, by Jono Bacon
Procuring Open Source Software in European Public Sector - The best practices to adopt when requiring a specific open source software in public contracts.
Enterprise Open Source - Learn how to accelerate your company’s open source efforts, based on the experience of hundreds of companies spanning more than two decades of professional, enterprise open source.
Open Source Audits in Merger and Acquisition Transactions - This ebook provides an overview and practical guide to open source audits in merger and acquisition transactions and offers basic guidelines to improve open source compliance preparedness.
Open Source Compliance in the Enterprise - A practical guide for organizations on how best to use open source code in products and services, and participate in open source communities, in a legal and responsible way.
Practical GPL Compliance - This guide offers simple instructions, checklists, and flowcharts that empower compliance teams to work with open source as efficiently as possible.
How to Reach and Influence Open Source Developers - This paper will give companies practical tips on how to connect with open source projects, identify key contributors, build a strong open source reputation, and ultimately expand their reach and influence within the open source community.
How to Build Open Source Competency in your Company - This paper provides an overview of that process as well as seven best practices, gleaned from years of collaboration with open source leaders, that will help companies proceed along the path to open source mastery.
How to Recruit and Hire Open Source Developers - This paper provides practical tips for companies on how to recruit and hire open source developers.
Linux Foundation/TODO Group: Creating an Open Source Program Office
Linux Foundation/TODO Group: Open Source Management Tools
Linux Foundation/TODO Group: Measuring the Success of your Open Source Program Office
Linux Foundation/TODO Group: Participating in Open Source Communities
Linux Foundation/TODO Group: Using Open Source Code in a Legal and Responsible Way
Linux Foundation/TODO Group: Starting an Open Source Project
Linux Foundation/TODO Group: Improving Your Open Source Development Impact
Linux Foundation/TODO Group: Winding Down an Open Source Project
Linux Foundation/TODO Group: Building Leadership in an Open Source Community
- Finding Sustainability: The Personal and Professional Journey of a Plastic Bag Manufacturer, by Trent Romer
- Renewables: The Politics of a Global Energy Transition, by Michael Aklin
- Sustainability Principles and Practice, by Margaret Robinson
Power Systems & The Energy Transition
- The Grid, by Gretchen Bakke
- The Geopolitics of the Global Energy Transition by Manfred Hafner and Simone Tagliapietra
- A Reference Model for Distribution Grid Control in the 21st Century
- IoT-based Cyber Threats to the Electric Grid
- Case study: OpenSTEF Delivers Operational Forecasts at Hundreds of Grid Locations for Alliander
The Grid of the Future
- John Doyle lecture: Universal laws and architectures
- Layering as Optimization Decomposition: A Mathematical Theory of Network Architectures
- A Tutorial on Decomposition Methods for Network Utility Maximization
- A Strategic Framework for Integrating Advanced Grid Functionality
- The principles of system state and observability as applied to power grids, as well as observability strategy and sensor allocation guidelines (Courtesy Cisco)
- Consideration of the modularity, scalability, and resilience properties of Laminar Control Networks (Courtesy Cisco)
- The Network of Structures paradigm for managing grid complexity
- Value creation through integrated networks and convergence
- De Martini and Kristov paper on Distribution Utilities and DSOs in High DER Environments
- Sensing and Measurement Architecture for Grid Modernization
- Advanced Networking Paradigms for High DER Distribution Grids
- Architectural Basis for Highly Distributed Transactive Power Grids
- Comparative Architecture Analysis
- Roles and Responsibilities for Distribution Grids: DER Sensing and Communication Networks
Electric Grid Resilience Definition for Grid Architecture (Revised)
Grid Services Master List (GMLC)
DER Telemetry Communication Architecture for ESOs, DSOs, and System Operators
The Impact of 5G Telecommunications Technology on US Grid Modernization 2017-2025
A Mathematical Representation of System Architectures with Application to Grid Architecture